FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Rick Setty, RS
District Board of Health
330-270-2855 ext. 116
RACCOON FOUND IN MAHONING
reports have recently confirmed that a raccoon found in
from the local USDA Wildlife
Although there were no known exposures to animals or humans in this case, the District Board of Health is reminding residents to protect themselves from the ever-present threat of rabies by following these precautions:
· Do not feed, touch or adopt wild animals, and be cautious around stray cats and dogs.
· Teach children to leave wildlife alone, and be sure that your child knows to tell you if an animal bites or scratches them.
· Have your pet cats, dogs and ferrets vaccinated for rabies and keep their vaccinations current.
· Keep your trash can lids secure. Open containers can attract wildlife.
· Feed your pets indoors. Never leave food outdoors that can attract wildlife.
· Report any bite incidents to your local health department and call your doctor for medical advice.