The mission of Mahoning County Public Health is to promote and protect the health of individuals and communities and offers valuable public health experience while students earn their college degree.
Students interning at Mahoning County Public Health will have the opportunity to perform work that is directly related to their academic field or in an area of study in which they have an interest. Permission from the student's institution must be granted before participating in the internship program.
Participating in the internship program will give the students:
- Career-related knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of Mahoning County Public Health programs and services
- Hands-on training
- Exposure to working professionals in their area of interest
- Opportunity to explore new careers while building on their academic studies
- Academic credit (from some institutions)
Click on the link below to download an internship application.
Please return the completed application either by mail to:
Mahoning County Public Health
Attn: Human Resources Division, Suite 105
50 Westchester Drive
Youngstown, OH 44515
Or by fax to the attention of Human Resources at: 330.270.9194.