Healthy U Chronic Disease Self-Management Program
Do you live with diabetes, asthma, arthritis, heart disease, hypertension, or any other chronic illness or life-long condition? If so, then this program is for you!
It is a free small group workshop where you will gain confidence and new skills to better manage your chronic condition and feel healthier!
With the CDSMP you will learn ways to:
- Deal with pain, fatigue, and depression
- Be more physically active
- Manage your diet
- Relax and better handle stress
Location: Mahoning County District Board of Health, 50 Westchester Drive, Austintown
Begins Thursday, November 1, 2018, 5:30 – 7:30 PM
Class consists of 6 weekly sessions ending on December 13, 2018
Contact us at 330.270.2855, ext.109 to register or get more information.
Diabetes Empowerment Education Program
Do you or someone you love have diabetes? Diabetes Empowerment Education Program is a program that encourages small lifestyle change while learning about your diabetes and the way it affects your health. Have fun while learning how to manage diabetes through these no-cost interactive educational workshops. Enjoy the benefits of a healthier, more energetic lifestyle!
- Discovering better nutrition and exercise choices
- How to manage pain and fatigue
- The importance of taking your medication
- Keeping your diabetes in check
- Talking with your doctor and family about your health
To participate you must have type 1 or type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes. This program includes six (6) weekly sessions. The program is free but registration is required.
Contact us at 330.270.2855 ext. 109 for information about our next scheduled class.
- Produce Perks for Ohio Incentive Program
- Printable Personal Medication List Wallet Card
- Mill Creek MetroParks Activity Calendar
- Baby & Me Tobacco Free Program