Healthy U Chronic Pain Self-Management Program
Do you have long-term pain or care for someone living with chronic pain?
Our Chronic Pain Self-Managment Program offers a free 6-week class to individuals age 60 and over to help participants learn proven strategies to manage chronic pain and feel better.
With the CPSMP you will learn ways to:
- Set and achieve personal goals
- Strategies to deal with pain, stress, fatigue and depression
- Use physical ability to improve strength and flexibility
- Use medications safely and effectively
- Communicate with your doctor and family about pain
Diabetes Empowerment Education Program
Do you or someone you love have diabetes? Diabetes Empowerment Education Program is a program that encourages small lifestyle change while learning about your diabetes and the way it affects your health. Have fun while learning how to manage diabetes through these no-cost interactive educational workshops. Enjoy the benefits of a healthier, more energetic lifestyle!
- Discovering better nutrition and exercise choices
- How to manage pain and fatigue
- The importance of taking your medication
- Keeping your diabetes in check
- Talking with your doctor and family about your health
To participate you must have type 1 or type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes. This program includes six (6) weekly sessions. The program is free but registration is required.
Contact us at 330.270.2855 ext. 109 for more information about our next scheduled classes!
A Matter of Balance Program
Afraid of falling? A Matter of Balance is an 8-week structured falls prevention workshop that emphasizes practical strategies to reduce the fear of falling and increase activity levels. During weekly two hour classes, participants learn to view falls and fear of falling as controllable, set realistic goals to increase activity, change their environment to reduce fall risk factors, and exercise to increase strength and balance.
The workshop is free but registration is required.
Contact us at 330.270.2855 ext. 171 for more information about our next scheduled class.
- Produce Perks for Ohio Incentive Program
- Printable Personal Medication List Wallet Card
- Mill Creek MetroParks Activity Calendar
- Baby & Me Tobacco Free Program