Healthy U Chronic Disease Self-Management Program
Do you live with diabetes, asthma, arthritis, heart disease, hypertension, or any other chronic illness or life-long condition? If so, then this program is for you!
It is a free small group workshop where you will gain confidence and new skills to better manage your chronic condition and feel healthier!
With the CDSMP you will learn ways to:
- Deal with pain, fatigue, and depression
- Be more physically active
- Manage your diet
- Relax and better handle stress
Diabetes Empowerment Education Program
Do you or someone you love have diabetes? Diabetes Empowerment Education Program is a program that encourages small lifestyle change while learning about your diabetes and the way it affects your health. Have fun while learning how to manage diabetes through these no-cost interactive educational workshops. Enjoy the benefits of a healthier, more energetic lifestyle!
- Discovering better nutrition and exercise choices
- How to manage pain and fatigue
- The importance of taking your medication
- Keeping your diabetes in check
- Talking with your doctor and family about your health
To participate you must have type 1 or type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes. This program includes six (6) weekly sessions. The program is free but registration is required.
Contact us at 330.270.2855 ext. 109 for information about our next scheduled classes.
- Produce Perks for Ohio Incentive Program
- Printable Personal Medication List Wallet Card
- Mill Creek MetroParks Activity Calendar
- Baby & Me Tobacco Free Program