Flu Shot Clinic - Green Twp. Administration Bldg.
October 9, 2019 –
Green Township Administration Building
12184 Lisbon Road
Salem, OH 44460
10:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.
Who should receive a flu shot based on the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC) recommendations?
- Everyone 6 months of age and older should get a flu vaccine every season
People at High Risk of Developing Flu-Related Complications:
- Children ages 6 months to 2 years old
- Adults 65 years of age and older
- Pregnant women and women up to 2 weeks postpartum
- Residents of nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
- Chronic medical conditions such as asthma, COPD, cystic fibrosis, heart disease, blood disorders, diabetes, kidney, liver, or endocrine disorders, weakened immune systems due to diseases such as cancer, HIV or AIDS, or medications such as chronic steroid use or long-term aspirin use in people younger than 19 years of age
How to obtain a flu shot at a Mahoning County Public Health clinic?
- Just walk in, no appointment is necessary
- We bill insurance - Bring insurance cards, driver’s license, Medicaid and Medicare cards so the cost of the vaccine can be billed; most private insurances are accepted. With proof of insurance the flu vaccine is free.
- Mahoning County Public Health is a Vaccines for Children Program Provider and will have limited opportunities for children that are uninsured or underinsured to receive the vaccine free of charge.
Available flu vaccines
- Ages 6 months and up - Quadrivalent (4 flu virus strains)
- Ages 65 years and older -High dose trivalent (3 flu virus strains)