Mahoning County Emergency Preparedness Planning
The Mahoning County District Board of Health is working with our county emergency response partners to ensure citizens are protected if a bioterrorism attack, disease outbreak or natural disaster happens in our community. These events could have long term impact on the community’s health and safety and disrupt our daily routines.
During a public health emergency information will be posted on this website for response and recovery. If you would like to receive alerts regarding public health events please sign up by clicking here.
- Be Informed: Learn what to do before, during and after a disaster
- Learn how to teach others to turn off electricity, gas, and water
- Update insurance policies
- Know how fire extinguishers work (check fire extinguishers, replace batteries flashlights twice a year)
- Safeguard copies of important documents
- Make a Plan: Plan to protect yourself and your family. Make sure to include your pets.
- Build a Kit: Assemble disaster supply kits for your home and car.
Additional Planning Resources
- Ready: www.ready.gov
- Ohio Department of Health: http://www.odh.ohio.gov/healthpreparedness/emergencypreparedness.aspx
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: http://emergency.cdc.gov/
- FEMA: http://www.fema.gov/
Local Emergency Preparedness Plans
- Mahoning County Public Health Emergency Response Plan
- Mahoning County Public Health Communication Plan
- Community Containment Appendix
- Continuity of Operations Appendix
- Mahoning County Public Health CBRNE Terrorism Response Annex
- Mass Dispensing Annex
- Epidemiology Response Annex
Our agency welcomes public input regarding the Local Emergency Preparedness Plans. Please email us at email@example.com with your suggestions.